Rochelle’s talk was on how she cultivated self-love and how journaling and creating vision boards helped her manifest a life she truly delights in. Blogging changed her life by giving her opportunities (such as junkets all over Asia) and friendships, but she has also had her fair share of storms, including the loss of her best friend to cancer. That loss made her realize that we need to accept that not everyone we meet is meant to stay in our life. "There will always be a reason why you meet people,” Rochelle said. “Either you meet them to change your life or you're the one that will change theirs."
One of our favorite parts of Rochelle’s talk was when she showed photos of the Dream Boards spreads from her BDJ Power Planners since 2016. She recalled telling our founder and BDJ Power Planner creator Dar Ty-Nilo, "Darlyn! Ano bang meron 'tong BDJ Planner ninyo? Sobrang magical! Para bang lahat ng nilalagay ko is coming true! Na-achieve ko lahat ng dreams ko! Ang galing!" (“Darlyn! What is in your BDJ Planners? They’re so magical! It seems like everything I put in here comes true. I have achieved all my dreams! It’s amazing!”)
“Everything I wrote in my journal has manifested,” Rochelle said, clutching her planner in her arms. “It is so powerful. It is my magic journal.”
Rochelle not only showed photos of her dream boards, but she also showed photos of the life she has manifested, from her travels all over the world, including places like New York and Paris, to her precious baby girl. She even bought her daughter the exact same outfit as the stock photo she had used in her dream board!
She also shared her favorite affirmation:
I don't chase. I attract. What belongs to me will simply find me.
Here are some of the things Rochelle learned from manifesting her dream life by loving herself first and creating yearly dream boards:
- “If you speak it, write it, and put action behind it, you can have it,” she said. You still have to work for your dreams; they won’t just be served to you on a silver platter, but what Rochelle has found is that you will get the motivation to put in the work to make your dreams come true.
- Practice positive self-talk. Don't doubt yourself and your dreams. Never ever think that they won’t come true. If you doubt yourself, you will be blocking your blessings. You have to have confidence that they are meant for you.
- Make a dream board. As Rochelle shared, she has achieved everything she has put in her BDJ Planners' Dream Board pages!
- Start writing your goals. There's real power in using pen and paper! When you ask for something, be specific and detailed about it. Write in the present tense as if it has already happened. Include emotions in your visualizations: What is the feeling of getting that goal or dream?
- Talk about what you love. Don't keep your dreams to yourself, said Rochelle, because by talking about them, you just might find people who will help you achieve these goals.
- “Trust the divine timing,” said Rochelle. “Let go and see what happens.”
“Our dreams must continue despite the pandemic,” Rochelle said, even if it may not be easy during these hard times. “No dream is too big. No dream is too small. So just keep on dreaming.”
She added, “The world is full of incredible opportunities. There are so many opportunities you don't yet know will be given to you.”
Rochelle’s talk, titled “Nurture Shatterproof Self-Love: Manifesting Your Dreams by Journaling and Loving Yourself First,” offered tons more insights. She shared her learnings on topics like cultivating self-love and rewriting her story, and you can replay the full video here. (You can start at the 50:35 mark.)