30 Questions for Self-Discovery
There are many ways to take care of yourself—mentally, emotionally, physically, for instance—and we’re quite familiar with some of them. For example, you can devote some “me time” for self-pampering, meditation, yoga, and the like. But one of the other ways to nurture your well-being is through self-discovery.
Unlike some physical workouts, which can be as quick and simple as doing as many squats as you can in a minute, self-discovery is a process that requires time, effort, patience, and kindness. It’s similar to nurturing a relationship as you allow yourself to be open to hard questions, get to learn new things, understand your feelings more, and let yourself heal from challenging experiences.
The journey toward self-discovery may lead you to question the choices that you made and to reflect on things that have happened in the past. But it also boosts your confidence that you know yourself a little more and have gained much more through your reflection. It also helps you to be better with your relationships with others as you are more aware and sensitive of what you are and what you wish to be.
To start your experience with self-discovery, here are some questions to guide your way.
- What do you look forward to every day?
- What makes you happy?
- What do you want to do at this moment?
- What makes you angry?
- What do you do for fun?
- What made you angry or irritated today?
- If you had a lot of money, what would you do with it?
- What do you want to be known for?
- What do you want in life the most?
- Is the person you are right now what you were expecting to be?
- Given the chance, would you change anything about yourself?
- What experience are you most thankful for?
- What do you appreciate about life?
- What's keeping you awake at night?
- How do you move on from a difficult experience?
- Do you trust yourself? Why or why not?
- What comes to your mind when you think of yourself?
- Would you be able to accept yourself as a whole?
- What would your inner self tell you about your life?
- What’s your greatest dream?
- If you have 24 hours to live, how would you spend it?
- Is there anything that you regret in life?
- What are you afraid of?
- Is there anything you want to do differently in life?
- What would you like to do more?
- What are the things you’d like to do less?
- What hinders you from finding your happiness?
- Do you love yourself now?
- If you met up with your past self, what would you tell him/her?
- If you met up with your future self, what do you think he/she will tell you?